SK Sultan Sulaiman 1 won’t be closed
KUALA TERENGGANU (NST): State Education director Ariffin Embong said SK Sultan Sulaiman 1 will not be closed as two of its students who were infected with the influenza A (H1N1) virus had not attended classes.
The school would remain open, he said, despite claims by some parents that the two had been seen in school on Monday.
The two sisters, in Year Six and Three, have not attended classes after they were found to have contracted the virus. They are the daughters of a prominent Umno politician here.
Their mother and younger sibling, 6, had also tested positive for the virus and are hospitalised together with the two.
The politician and his family had just returned from the United Kingdom.
“They were immediately sent to Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital after they went through the screening when they returned from abroad. They did not set foot in the school,” Ariffin said.
The kindergarten in which the youngest sibling is enrolled has suspended classes until July 20.